My annual ritual of looking back at my year on the eve of my birthday is one of my favorite traditions. And I kind of love that it follows the setting of my intentions for the new year, only three weeks earlier.
It’s a chance to REALLY reflect on all of the exciting things that happened in the days leading up to another birthday. Another birthday I’m always incredibly thankful for – even if 35 is now practically tomorrow.
To say that 33 was a game changer year would be an understatement.
33 was everything.
It was an adventure. It was love. It was new beginnings. It was MAGIC.
Here are 33 reasons why 33 was absolutely magical ✨
1. On February 27th, 2017, Crystal Richard & Company was incorporated and my journey as a girl boss took off. D bought me a money plant to celebrate and so far – that plant has been hella effective.
2. One of my photos from Parlee Beach was published in the 2017 New Brunswick Tourism Guide.
3. I had my first pop-up shop for East Coast Mermaid at the incredible Work of Heart event.
4. Bought my first real camera as a content creator. First, of many, I’m sure!
5. Got to be a social media influencer at a bunch of cool events across the province.
6. Had an amazing couple’s weekend with two of my favorite couples in Cambridge Narrows.
7. Attended my first East Coast Bloggers event at beautiful Oceanstone Resort. Made new friendships that will last a lifetime.
8. Witnessed A LOT of epic sunsets on beaches.
9. Ate A LOT of great room service.
10. Celebrated Canada 150 in the rain with my best guy.
11. I was surrounded by hundreds of puffins on Machias Island. Yes, they are cute AF. See more here.
12. Finally saw the photo famous mill in the quaint little town of St. George, New Brunswick.
13. Took a ferry to Deer Island.
14. Discovered the magic of Campobello Island.
15. Made a lot of fun trips to Saint John.
16. Incorporated and officially launched the Sandy Toes Shop.
17. Hiked and survived the Walton Glen Gorge. Still can’t believe I did it.
18. Saw Matt Mays in concert. Twice. Cried both times.
19. Experienced my first market with the Sandy Toes Shop at the Shediac Market. Loved every minute of it.
20. Went to Grand Manan. Twice. Can’t wait to go back for a longer stay this summer.
21. Explored White Head Island.
22. I had the time of my life at the Archangel Summit in Toronto.
23. Spontaneously got to see the Blue Jays play while I was in Toronto.
24. Hiked to the tallest waterfall in New Brunswick.
25. Became a Sara Kelly Designs ambassador.
26. Returned to my favorite concrete jungle: New York City.
27. Fulfilled a lifelong dream of having brunch at Tavern on the Green in Central Park.
28. Said hello to Minnesota for my second time.
29. Named one of NarCity’s Top 50 Young Canadian Entrepreneurs On Instagram, on the same list as my idol Jillian Harris.
30. My company, Crystal Richard & Co. landed #5 out of 57 companies for the People’s Choice Award at the Moncton Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards. Brought my bestie B who’s been there for this girl boss A LOT in the past year.
31. Got a little closer to the universe with Danielle Laporte’s Desire Map at my first Goddess Gatherings retreat.
32. Spoke at BlogJam Atlantic.
33. Celebrate two years of love with D at the magical Algonquin Resort.
My word for 2018 was UNSTOPPABLE.
34 – let’s do this.