Today, I turn 35.
And that’s all kinds of crazy and amazing and terrifying and magical in my mind.
I’m not where I thought I’d be at 35. No, I’m somewhere even better. And that’s something to be celebrated.
Sure, there are a few boxes I have yet to check off, but there is plenty of time for that in the coming 365 days. Right?
Last year, I declared my word of the year to be UNSTOPPABLE. And unstoppable I was.
I can’t even begin to wrap my head around how unreal my 34th year was and I’m already taking my 2019 word of the year – FUN – to the next level.
But before I gracefully high dive into 35 like the fearless mermaid that I am, here are 34 reasons that 34 was absolutely epic ✨
1. Crystal Richard & Co. AND Sandy Toes Shop both celebrated their first year in business, I worked with DREAM clients, landed some of the best media wins of my career and worked digitally from new exciting destinations.
2. I traveled to San Diego, California for Social Media Marketing World.
3. Met the amazing and beautiful Jenna Kutcher. Happy cried. Got a personal video message from her the next morning. Fell off the toilet when watching it. Happy cried a little more.
4. Hopped in an Uber and went to explore Old Town, San Diego. Ate some of the best Mexican food of my life at Guadalajara’s. It was the best spontaneous decision ever. Will 100% be returning in March.
5. Finally made it to Venice Beach, California.
6. Hopped a plane, flew to South America. Fell in LOVE with Peru.
7. Held a monkey named Julio Iglesias in Trujillo, Peru.
8. Learned to surf. ACTUALLY stood up on several waves. Had major surf stoke.
9. Flew to Cusco, Peru and had the most incredible spiritual experience.
10. Spent all of my money getting photos of me cuddling all the baby llamas and lambs. It was truly one of the best days of my life.
11. Two Words: Machu Picchu
12. Returned to Las Vegas for a girl’s trip with mama mermaid, ten years after I called Vegas home!
13. Visited the Seven Magic Mountains in the Nevada desert.
14. After making a promise to myself over a decade earlier to do it one day, I bought myself my first Louis Vuitton bag while vacationing in Vegas.
15. Oh yeah – published a book!
16. Sandy Toes launched THREE new apparel lines this year!
17. I wrote a blog post about fried clams that went viral, was shared by our Premier and proved fried clams really are the best thing ever.
18. Went on the most awesome road trip to Boston with Dan.
19. Saw the National AND the Killers at Boston Calling with Dan and basically, it was one of the best days of my life and my favorite day together ever.
20. Finally experienced Mike’s Pastry in Boston.
21. Kayaked the Bay of Fundy with Tourism NB. Had SO much fun.
22. It was the summer of island hopping. First up 👉🏻 Deer Island, New Brunswick ⚓️
23. Next 👉🏻 Island Hopping to Campobello Island ⚓️
24. Did A LOT of beachcombing this year.
25. Went on the most amazing whale watching adventure in St. Andrews 🐳
26. Island Hopped to Grand Manan TWICE! And got to experience it with Dan, which was amazing.
27. FINALLY got the famous Hole in the Wall photo. No one tell my mother 😉 Hi Mom.
28. Fulfilled my dream of bringing Sandy Toes Shop to the Grand Manan Farmer’s Market.
29. Island Hopped 👉🏻 Cape Breton to explore the Cabot Trail with Dan.
30. Island Hopped 👉🏻 Miscou Island to see the famous Miscou Lighthouse ⚓️
31. Also checked out the famous fall-coloured fiery red fields of blueberry bushes on Miscou Island.
32. Brought Sandy Toes Shop to over 15 summer markets and two massive Christmas shows, including Saltscapes Magazine’s Harvest Meets the Holidays Expo.
33. Spontaneously went to Miami, Florida in December for my first Create & Cultivate Vision Summit. Had the TIME OF MY LIFE. Can’t wait to go to the next one in NYC in May!
34. And lastly, I closed off an incredible year with an adventure with Dan to see New Brunswick’s famous Parlee Brook Amphitheatre. It was totally worth turning into an icicle to experience it.
Hold my glass of Nova 7, Universe.
35 is going to be something out of this world ✨