Last summer, a really neat thing happened when I published my Summer 2017 New Brunswick Destinations Bucket List.
It was shared by THOUSANDS of you. It inspired so many of you to create your own summer bucket list. It shined a light on some of the best destinations New Brunswick has to offer. And beautiful conversations full of NB pride happened.
Really, I couldn’t ask for more.
But it would be kind of fun to do it all over again, wouldn’t it?
Without further puffin around, here is my Summer 2018 New Brunswick Destinations Bucket List.
And yes, a few I didn’t make it to last summer are back and I’m determined to check them off this summer!
1. Visit the Village Historique Acadien in Caraquet.
2. Check out the Boss Gibson Oyster Farm, because, oysters.
3. Explore Miscou Island’s untouched shores.
4. Visit the New Brunswick Aquarium in Shippigan.
5. Hike in Mount Carleton Provincial Park.
7. FINALLY, see the gorge at Grand Falls. It’s happening this summer.
8. Hike Moosehorn Trail in Fundy Park.
9. Try Paddle Boarding at Shediac Paddle Shack.
10. Drive across the Hartland Bridge.
11. See the Pabineau Falls in Bathurst.
12. Get up close to the Old Sow Whirlpool. I was lucky to see this from shore last summer, but I would LOVE to see it from a boat tour when in Campobello this summer. Hey Universe, take note, ok?
13. Visit New River Beach.
14. Find a way to see Gannet Rock off the shores of Grand Manan. Again, universe, leaving this one in your hands.
15. Hike to get up close and personal with Flock of Sheep on Grand Manan Island. I’ve done A LOT of things on Grand Manan, but I have NEVER been able to figure out how to hike to these famous granite boulders that date back to the ice age.
As always, each item on this list is a destination or experience completely new to me and this year, I definitely threw in a few curve balls that will take some serious intervention from the universe (or a lot of sweet talking with locals) to accomplish, but if there’s one thing I’ve realized over the past year – if you meet the universe halfway, magical things can happen ✨
Like hopefully ending up in a whirlpool but not in like, the dangerous kind of way. Safety first, universe!
Have you visited any of these locations? Tips and tricks I should write down?
And my favorite question of all – what’s on YOUR Summer 2018 bucket list?
SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT! Have you swam over to the Sandy Toes Shop lately? We just launched our Homard Bound design and are about to launch our new Summer 2018 East Coast Mermaid tank. We’ve got whozits and whatzits galore and we’re prepping for a super busy summer of markets and pop-up appearances! Make sure to Like us on Facebook to never miss an appearance or new product launch!