There’s nothing quite like the long weekend in May to stir up the summer vibes.
It’s true. June 20th is the official first day of summer, but after a sunny, epic, May 2-4 weekend — I’m always ready to welcome summer with sandy toes and salty kisses.
To kick off the summer season (don’t worry – there’s an even BIGGER thing coming to the blog on the actual first day of summer) I decided to share my 2016 Summer Bucket List. Yes, it’s kind of like my Rules of Summer from last year, but this year, I’m hoping to check each and every one of these off.
So without further ado, I give you, my 2016 Summer Bucket List, in no particular order, complete with a lot of salty, good, nautical, East Coast vibes.
2. Host an epic Beach BBQ with friends at the cottage. No excuses this year.
3. Hit up Cape Enrage. Go zip lining.
4. Go on a sunset cruise.
5. Take a winery tour.
6. Go camping with friends and have A LOT of laughs.
7. Take a road trip and go off the grid for the weekend with D. No wifi required.
8. Take a road trip to Portland, Maine. Did I mention this one is on the calendar?
9. Visit the St. Martin’s Sea Caves.
10. Make a roadside pitstop in Rockland, Maine to find some of these gems.
11. Hike Third Vault Falls at Fundy Park.
12. Stay in an old but historic hotel that’s probably haunted. Maybe the Algonquin?
13. Visit Carter’s Beach, Nova Scotia.
14. Try paddle boarding.
15. Coffee + Beaches Tour in Nova Scotia with S.
16. Catch a sunset on a pier.
17. Launch something EPIC on the June 20th. Stay tuned ;)
And now it’s my turn to ask you…
What’s on YOUR 2016 summer bucket list?