Tomorrow is my 31st birthday.
Goodbye thirty. Hello “I’m in my thirties.”
It seems like just yesterday, I sat down to put together one of my favorite traditions on the blog – the annual birthday look back post. It originated as 28 Reasons 28 Rocked, followed by 29 Reasons 29 Ended the Decade with a Bang!
This year it’s simply 30 – You Were Epic.
Turning 30 was probably one of the most emotional but empowering milestones of my life. Thirteen, sixteen, nineteen – these were fun and cool birthday milestones, but there’s just something about being a woman and turning 30. Many dread it, many are terrified of it – I was guilty of this. But then I started to embrace it.
You know what I learned? Thirty is what you make it.
And I made sure it was magical.
Without a doubt in my mind, thirty was the best year of my life.
And in no particular order (except for maybe #1) here’s why.
30. I travelled to Europe for the first time. Alone.
29. I finally learned how to run. Thirty years later.
28. I had my passport stamped in Iceland.
27. I spent a weekend on a lake at a lakehouse. Several times.
26. I lived the West Coast life for a week.
25. I made three provinces in three days happen with my favorite ladies.
24. I survived the Capilano Suspension Bridge.
23. I visited Old Quebec City and Montreal for the first time.
22. I experienced my own midnight in Paris magic.
21. I bathed in the Blue Lagoons in Iceland.
20. I got colourful when I ran my first race in Run or Dye.
19. I drank champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
18. I went to Prince Edward Island – five times in one summer.
17. I ate macarons and walked the gardens of Palais Versailles.
16. I recreated the perfect #EastCoast Kiel James Patrick seafood feast with the girls.
15. I climbed 387 steps to the top of the Notre-Dame Cathedral’s South Tower.
14. I talked books with Anne of Green Gables.
13. I chilled outside Christian Grey’s office.
12. I read underneath the Eiffel Tower.
11. I lost 25+ pounds (thank you running).
10. I read some amazing books in some amazing locations.
9. I went on my first business trip: Toronto!
8. I shopped on the Champs-Élysées.
7. I became Marie Antoinette for one night.
6. I ate macarons at the original Laduree.
5. I was front row at The Killers concert.
4. I found Walter White.
3. I danced the night away in Gastown.
2. I received the ultimate gift for any Fifty Shades of Grey fan.
laters baby (and thank you thank you thank you Kate xo)
1. I fell absolutely in love with a city and a way of life.
Thirty – you were amazing, you were life changing, you were the best year of my life.
Thirty-one? Let’s 1up thirty, shall we?