Every year for my birthday I look back on the year I had. And do a blog post about it. (see 27 Reasons 27 Wasn’t So Bad After All to compare)
What did I accomplish? What did I do that scared me?
What did I return to? What did I try for the first time?
A lot can happen in a year. Everything can change. For the longest time, I used to say my champagne birthday, 22, was the best year yet. Looking back on my 28th year – where it seriously lacked in the romance department, it made up for in the holy shit I got my dream job department.
And for that (and many other reasons) I give you 28 Reasons 28 Rocked. In no particular order this year because let’s face it – I’m way too busy to do this chronologically.
1) I said Aloha Bitches sooner than I’d imagine
2) Two Words. Il Divo.
3) I returned to the famous Bubba Burgers – home of the best burger in the world (Robert Downey Jr. said so) and my heart.
4) I watched B marry M – and it was perfect.
5) I MC’d my first wedding. Aloooohaaaaa.
6) I had a moment of silence at Pearl Harbor.
7) I got swallowed by an 8ft. wave. And survived. Then did it again.
8) I watched H marry TC – and it was Hawaiian bliss.
9) I reunited with Sheldon.
10) I quit my first serious grown-up job.
11) I got my dream job.
12) I was royally screwed by a hurricane. New York – I will see you in April.
13) I hiked the famous Kalalau Trail.
14) I saw the Saga end.
15) I got bit by an emu. My mom was right. It did leave a scar.
16) I joined the Women’s Progress Club.
17) I was Team Peeta.
18) I watched A marry G – it was a Cape Breton good time.
19) I was there when the Dark Knight Rose.
20) I celebrated my parent’s 30th Wedding Anniversary.
21) I was reunited with fresh California Dungeness Crab – for breakfast. Judge not.
22) I FINALLY experienced the Dole Whip.
23) I tagged a shrimp truck.
24) I experienced THIS sunset.
25) I also experienced THIS sunset.
26) I had a major childhood moment here.
27) I got a Mac. Which I agreed to share with Bella.
28) I got the Starbucks GOLD card.
To my 29th year –
May you be madly epic.
JenniferJanuary 22, 2013 at 3:21 am
what a great year! That rhea at the zoo actually wrote me a letter saying she’s sorry for biting you. I have it right here (waves the letter). It is, however, a good story, even if no one knows what a rhea is so it’s best just to call it an emu, lol. 29 will be madly epic. I met Mike when I was 29 (swoon). Wait…33 was rather gangbuster too…I met Evening. Still, would never have happened without 29!
MegJanuary 22, 2013 at 3:24 am
Perfect blog post for a perfect year!
It’s going to sound cheesy, but I’ve SO enjoyed being your friend this past year and watching you accomplish all of these wonderful things.
I hope you have a LOVELY birthday because you’re a LOVELY person, and completely deserve the best, Crystal! I love you!
Okay, enough of the sap.
P.S. Meow Meow better make your day special! :)
Jenn CarrollJanuary 22, 2013 at 5:19 am
omg your year was epic! also, the “i got screwed by sandy” with the images of sandy from Grease, lololol
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 02:33:31 +0000 To: email@example.com
Jess (@JessWink22)January 22, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Such a perfect blog post. I look forward to these each year. You had a pretty damn good year. NGL, the “I saw the Saga end” almost made me cry. I digress. Congrats on a kick ass 28th year. Here’s to hoping year 29 brings that much more! ILY!
JaydeJanuary 24, 2013 at 10:34 am
What an amazing year you had! Emus are SCARY. I never go near them when I see them. They scare the eff outta me. Here’s to an amazing year of being 29. xoxoxox
30 – You Were Epic |January 21, 2015 at 9:38 pm
[…] of my favorite traditions on the blog – the annual birthday look back post. It originated as 28 Reasons 28 Rocked, followed by 29 Reasons 29 Ended the Decade with a […]