Today I turn 32 and I couldn’t be more excited. While 30 was epic, as I shared in my NYE post, 31 was a bit of a rollercoaster ride: ups, downs, highs, lows. There were some tears of frustration, moments of uncertainty, and in the end – some letting go.
But there was also a lot (A LOT) of laughs, new smile lines formed, and new stamps added to my passport – these all hold more weight than gold in my eyes.
31 was one big lesson in trusting my gut and trusting the universe that everything will work out, but you know what? I wouldn’t change a single day of it. Not even for a second.
So to say goodbye to it properly and as is tradition here on the blog, here are 31 things that happened this year that I’ll never forget.
1. We moved into the new Onboardly HQ downtown and it was love at first sight.
2. I went to my first big girl conference – it was the coolest experience.
3. Experienced real Southern BBQ in Nashville, Tennessee.
4. Sang country at the top of my lungs in a real Honky Tonk Bar while I was there.
5. I was reunited with fresh, Laduree macarons right off the plane from Paris—Thank you Jess!
6. Ate tacos in a hotel bed. It’s the little things.
7. Explored Fort Beausejour after years of living a short drive away but never visiting. It was awesome.
8. Declared “I’m in Miami, bitch!” a lot. For four days straight.
9. Took a page from the Jimmy Buffet playbook and ate a cheeseburger in Paradise.
10. Had arguably the best night out of my life in South Beach with the funnest group of ladies.
11. Explored sandbars on a yacht with new friends. Persuaded Brazilians to let us on their jet skis. Never underestimate the power of being a friendly Canadian.
12. Fulfilled a longtime goal of public speaking and MC’d at the International Startup Fest in Montreal.
13. Explored and fell in love with Old Montreal.
14. Watched two of my favorite people finally tie the knot.
15. Admittedly did it for the insta and created this epic East Coast feast with S this summer.
16. Added another amazing mother-daughter trip to Grand Manan to our list of travels.
17. Chased some seagulls. Laughed like a kid.
18. Went on a fantastically hilarious camping trip with friends.(Marc really wasn’t cranky, we swear!)
19. Went fishing. Caught seaweed.
20. Fulfilled lifelong dream of hugging a cactus.
21. Fell in love with Scottsdale, Arizona.
22. The entire squad was FINALLY together after years of trying to make it happen. It was perfect.
23. Killed some zombies with friends. No big deal.
24. The inaugural “Friendsgiving” happened and there was an incident involving me, a crossbow and a cucumber.
25. Finally went apple picking after years of talking about doing it.
26. Made all my dreams come true and became a mermaid for one night only.
27. I walked into a restaurant, met the most amazing human for dinner, talked for hours and it was epic. We’ve been inseparable since.
28. Explored quaint fishing villages with my fellow East Coast mermaid.
29. Made over 100+ peanut butter balls with B and was guilty of using a selfie stick.
30. Two Words: Star Wars
31. I was absolutely swept off my feet.
32 – I know you’re going to be one for the books and I cannot wait.
Here’s to more butterflies, magical moments, laughs (so many laughs), and loving life hard.
BJanuary 22, 2016 at 8:43 am
If 31 taught us anything- it’s never feel shame for using a selfie stick.
Great post as always!!! Happy birthday, superstar!!!!
crystalrichardJanuary 22, 2016 at 9:17 am
Thank you Mushy! <3
Jessica GreeneJanuary 22, 2016 at 11:34 am
You live the most epic life and I love virtually following along with you! You’ve done so much already and I can’t wait to see what you do at 32! Happy Birthday, C! Love you! xoxo
crystalrichardJanuary 22, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Awww thank you Jess. I love you right back! I hope 32 includes getting to see you again! xo
The C ListJanuary 29, 2016 at 7:08 am
[…] wanted to start off by thanking ALL of you for the amazing birthday wishes last week – 32 has gotten off to a fantastic start. I can’t wait to see what the […]