I’m a summer girl, through and through, but if there is a month of the year that I love second to May through August, it’s October.
Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables, said it best.
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
As I slowly accept that summer is over (as well as an amazing first season for the Sandy Toes Shop) I’m also slowly welcoming one of my other favorite months of the year. Because while October means cooler days, less sunlight, and no beach days – it also means Thanksgiving with family and one of my favorite days of the year – HALLOWEEN!
So to celebrate (and welcome) October – here’s a short but pumpkin pie sweet, October Bucket List.
1. Visit a REAL pumpkin patch. True story, I’ve never actually picked a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch. That changes this October.
2. Take a fall drive and enjoy the colors. One of the best times of year to cruise around the East Coast is without a doubt, Fall, on account of the leaves changing.
3. Go apple picking. Are you really a blogger if you don’t go apple picking?
4. Send Halloween packages. Yes, this year I’m packaging spooky and fun and sending these off into the universe via witch and broomstick (or Canada Post, because witches and broomsticks are hard to come by sometimes).
5. Bake apple pies. This is a Thanksgiving tradition, three years and counting. Stay tuned to my Instagram for a behind the scenes sneak peek.
6. Couple’s Halloween Costume. This one is gonna be GOOD.
7. Fright Night Movie Night. Halloween movies. Pizza. Candy. The perfect October date night.
8. Pumpkin Carving with Amigos. One of my favorite October festivities is pumpkin carving with friends. Each year I try to up my game (just a little bit).
9. Zombies. Brave enough to attempt Zombie Manor with me? Apply here. Seriously – who is brave enough?