I’ve been quiet these past 23 days. Intentionally and with purpose of course.
2016 was an amazing year for this blog. It changed from my namesake to a brand that only a year ago was a hashtag I used on any photo at a beach. I never dreamed I would turn it into anything more than that. Never dreamed it would become a recognized brand, an apparel line, or a business.
But here we are and I couldn’t be more excited about what comes next.
I can’t reveal too much but 2017 means more mermaiding, new products, new partnerships, something for mermaids of all sizes, something for the kiddos and yes, even something for the salty pirate to your mermaid.
Because every beautiful mermaid needs her salty pirate.
And what about blog content here?
After nearly 100 posts, I’ve made the difficult decision to retire the C list. While some have told me it’s the highlight of their Friday, the amount of work that went into curating links, writing up the post, linking everything – often late Thursday night I should add – it lost its fun for me.
The same is true for les mots and while I’m not ending it completely, les mots will appear here and there throughout the month when the universe delivers extra special words on my doorstep that must be shared.
But why am I doing this?
It’s a common theme I’ve noticed many bloggers write about these past few weeks. Sticking to ‘series’ on a blog sounds great on paper, but when you’re one human running the show, it can be a lot. It can also drain the creative energy you have for other ideas and projects.
And that is NO BUENO. That’s spanish for NOT GOOD.
So here’s what I’ve decided.
Goodbye schedules. Who needs them?
- If you subscribe to the blog (you can do so over there on the right) you’ll always know when posts go live, the minute they happen. It’s crazy voodoo.
- If you follow East Coast Mermaid on Facebook, we always post about new posts when they go live. More crazy voodoo. Crazy right?
- And lastly, if you follow us on Instagram @eastcoastmermaid_shop – guess what! We share it over there too! The voodoo doesn’t stop.
I was sticking to series for consistency and predictability. I was playing it safe.
And doesn’t that kind of go against everything being a fearless siren, wildless wanderer, and girl boss stands for?
Yeah. I thought so too.
So here’s what you can expect in 2017 on East Coast Mermaid:
- Lot’s of content and on whatever day the universe (not me) decides. No more schedules, way more flow.
- More beautiful, inspiring Fearless Sirens. The current line-up is serious squad goals.
- Mermaid Approved Products + Companies. Sharing is caring. Each month, I’ll give you a look at some of the products this mermaid is loving.
- More travel, more adventures. Without question, anything travel, adventure, outdoors, ocean was the clear winner on the blog last year. You can expect WAY more of that in 2017.
- More video. Because you asked. You asked a lot. So I’m getting over my remaining reservations and fear and embracing it.
- Downloadable keepsies. I like to think of myself as an unofficial East Coast ambassador. It’s time to put that knowledge and experience to go use and give you downloadable choose your own adventure guides this summer. Again, you asked. I’m delivering.
You guys, I’m SO excited and more ready than ever to bring this blog to the next level.
Are you ready to be a part of the adventure?
Leave a comment below with anything you’d love to see on the blog or a simple “Shell Yeah!” to let me know you’re excited.