Happy Friday AND Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks 🇨🇦
Because I work with companies in both Canada and the USA, I have a four day weekend. Which is so needed and was so longed for. I’m a pretty firm believer that no weekend should ever be wasted, especially a long weekend, so today’s Canada Day agenda is packed with all of my favorite things: the beach, good friends, good food, and FIREWORKS!
The last few Canada Days, I’ve typically been blissfully asleep on a lounger by 9:00pm at the cottage after a day in the sun, but this year, it’s go big or go home.
Sun. Beach. Festivities. Sun up to sun down.
Clearly unofficially sponsored by my friends at Starbucks, Coppertone, Gatorade, Red Bull and pure joie de vivre.
Until then, here is this week’s C list – curated with salt, sand, and love.
1. Cat mounts epic escape at pet store to reach its little dog friend (via Mashable) Brace yourself. Cutest thing you will see all week.
2. The Best Lobster Rolls in America (via Coastal Living) I’ve had #4 (Red’s Eats) and it was downright amazing. You basically get a whole lobster and a half on one roll. My goal is to try the unique #6 when in Portland this August!
3. What’s In Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee? This 2-Ingredient Treat Is Just Right For Summer & Beyond (via Bustle) Let me tell you. I tried this drink on a whim this week and it’s definitely my new drink of the summer. Try it today. It’s SO good.
4. 13 World’s Most Awesome Swimming Pools (via Flipopular) Can we all agree planet earth makes the best pools?
5. How to Grill Without a Grill (via Domino) Last summer, thanks to friends, I discovered the magic of cooking with a cast iron skillet. This summer, I encourage you to have the same enlightening moment followed by your taste buds thanking you.
6. Why Do Animals Like Capybaras So Much? (via Bored Panda) Ever seen one of these majestic creatures? There is a reason they bring all the animals to the yard.
7. 10 Up-&-Coming U.S. Cities To Visit NOW (via Refinery29) If you need some road trip inspiration summer, this post is it. Also, I’ve been dying to go to Baltimore, Maryland for years.
Have an AMAZING weekend.
And to my American friends – Happy 4th of July!
Don’t forget to come back for Part Two of East Coast Summer Series, Prince Edward Island adventure on Saturday morning – 6:00am EST. You can catch up on Part One here.
And les mots will be in its usual spot and time slot, bright and early Monday am.