It’s summer time.
Ok, it’s almost summer time. I’m the eternal optimist. As soon as I can wear flip flops and sleep with the window open, it’s summer time.
Over the next few months, I’m excited to share some of my FAVORITE summer recipes, perfect for a clam bake, Sunday summer time brunch, or BBQ. Kicking off the summer recipes, is a Richard family favorite that has been a crowd pleaser with family and friends since I was a kid.
East Coast Bar Clam Dip
This dip is ridiculously easy to make. The only obstacle you may face is getting your hands on some bar clams depending on your geographical location. If you live on the Eastern seaboard, you should be golden.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- a jar of bar clams
- 1 small onion
- 2 small sticks of celery
- 1 stick of cream cheese
- 2-3 tbps of mayonaise
- a half of a clove of garlic
- Worcestershire sauce – enough shakes to taste
- Tabasco (or hot sauce) – a few good drops
1. Blend the following in a large mixing bowl: cream cheese, mayonaise, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco.
2. Chop up one half to three quarters of a small onion. Add slowly as you stir in and use your best judgement on how much onion you’d like to taste.
3. Chop up your celery sticks into fine pieces and add to your mixture.
4. Remove the clams from their juice – but DON’T throw away the juice!
5. Add your clams to the mixture and stir in.
6. Lastly, add one or two spoonfuls of the remaining clam juice to make your dip creamier and more spreadable.
And that’s it! Serve up with some crackers or Tostitos (I recommend anything salty) and enjoy your East Coast Clam Dip.
Got a great summer recipe that I need to try? Leave a comment, tweet me, or send me a note! I’d love to check it out.
Looking for a little adventure this summer? Check out my 2016 Summer Bucket List for all the inspiration needed. Not already subscribed to the blog, what are you waiting for? Subscribe today to be the first to know about exciting things coming this June.