Good Morning + Happy Friday!
I hope you are all recovered from your Cinco de Mayo festivities – if you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed I started the celebrations a day early.
This weekend, I’m looking forward to a little Saturday sunshine adventure with D and spending Mother’s Day on Sunday at the zoo with mamacita as per our annual tradition. There will be plenty of Snaps, so if you love a good adventure, East Coast scenery and cute animals – add me: crystalcrichard.
There will be plenty more where that came from this summer!
Until then, here is this week’s C List curated with love and good vibes, just for you.
1. 5 Important Ways Your Relationship With Your Mother Affects Your Success (via Inc.) In honor of Mother’s Day Sunday, this post is so appropriate. Thank you mom for being fearless and passing that on to me. Every leap I’ve taken in life, you had my back 110% and I couldn’t have done any of it without your support.
2. This man built a miniature Jurassic Park for his pet tortoise (via the Poke) This guy is my hero.
3. People Can’t Get Enough Of This Cat’s Heartwarming Smile (via Buzzfeed) This will melt your heart over and over again.
4. 6 Faux Pas Wedding Guests Make — Without Even Realizing It (via Refinery29) Wedding season is upon us – don’t make a classic faux pas this summer.
5. Must Try Strawberry Margarita Recipe (via My Style Vita) If you’re planning to celebrate Cinco de Mayo well into the weekend (or the summer, if you’re like me and tequila is your amigo) this margarita recipe is a MUST.
6. Canadians Are Completely Nerding Out On The Long-Form Census (via Buzzfeed) We Canadians are a special breed, you guys.
7. Lastly and most importantly – as many of you know, the folks in Alberta are facing true hell on earth as they face the worst wildfire in history. If you haven’t heard about this, just google Fort McMurray and brace yourself. The images and videos are absolutely terrifying. If you’ve been thinking of making a donation to help the over 80,000 Canadians forced to flee their homes and their city, use this link to donate directly to the Red Cross. You can also text REDCROSS to 30333 to make a $5 donation.
Have an amazing weekend.
Looking for a new delish recipe to try this weekend? Check out my Recipe of the Month – Chilled Veggie Pizza. Fan of the Blog? Make sure to subscribe to be the first to know about exciting things to come this summer! ⚓️