If you follow me on Snapchat, you were treated to a serious preview of this May’s Recipe of the Month on Tuesday night. You also now know that I’m totally one of those humans that will randomly eat peanut butter off a spoon. Secrets out!
Tonight’s recipe is derived from a recipe one of my favorite bloggers, My Style Vita, shared on her blog. Of course, being Canadian, I had to improvise with some easily accessible pre-made pizza crust since the brand of pizza bread she used in her recipe doesn’t exist here on the East Coast.
Introducing, Chilled Veggie Pizza!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- 1 pre-made Italian pizza bread
- 8oz Cream Cheese (I substituted light to spare some calories)
- 1/2 cup of mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion salt
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of carrots to shred
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh dill
1. Start by heating / cooking your pre-made pizza dough. The store brand I bought was cooked for 10-12 minutes on the rack at 400 f. When it’s ready, leave it out to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, mayonaise, garlic powder and garlic salt. If you’re able to make this in advance and let it sit, it will taste even more amazing.
3. Chop up about 1 to 2 tbsp of fresh dill. I LOVE dill so I definitely used at least 2 tbsp.
4. Mix your chopped dill into your cream mixture.
5. Chop up your broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Slice your tomatoes in half.
6. Grate your carrots to sprinkle on top of your pizza.
7. Spread your mixture over your pizza crust after it has cooled.
8. Add each of your veggies all over the pizza crust and you’re ready to serve!
Seriously, this is going to be my go to appetizer this summer and you could totally use any vegetables you’d like. Next time, I’ll definitely add mushrooms or red peppers to switch things up.
If you’re planning to make this, let me know or tag me in a photo of your final product on Instagram!
Need a little inspiration in your life? Check out this week’s les mots. And as always, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to be the first to know about new posts and BIG things coming this summer!