After catching several 30 second Tasty videos in my newsfeed on Facebook lately displaying mouth watering mozza stuffed meatballs and dreaming about making them, the plan was in motion. Enter the perfect Saturday night to stay in and cook and poof!
Kitchen Date Night was in full swing.
The original recipe I saw called for ground chicken, but being a beef lover, I simply modified the ground chicken recipe, combined some ingredients I saw in another for beef meatballs and the result? Well, it’s this blog post.
And it’s delicious…..
Here’s what you’ll need to make this for dinner over the weekend!
For the inner meatballs:
- Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of fresh shredded parmesan
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
For the outer meatballs:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
1. Start by adding the following ingredients into a large mixing bowl: raw ground beef, parmesan, panko bread crumbs (1/2 cup), parsley, minced garlic, lemon juice, and one egg. Mash everything together with your hands and don’t be afraid to get a little messy. That’s half the fun.
2. On a cutting board, chop one inch cubes of mozzarella to be stuffed in the meatballs.3. Hand roll as many meatballs as you can with your mixture, stuffing each with a cube of mozzarella cheese.
4. Then, crack your remaining eggs and whisk in a small bowl.
5. Next, roll the balls individually in a bowl of flour.
6. After, roll each meatball in the egg mixture.
7. Next, roll each meatball in a bowl of panko bread crumbs.
8. When your meatballs are ready, heat a large pan with oil and place your meatballs on the frying pan, turning over until each are equally golden and crispy on all sides.
9. Preheat your oven to 400F and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Your meatballs are ready to serve (and enjoy!!)
We served our meatballs with a homemade marinara sauce and caesar salad, but these bad boys would go great with pasta, rice, you name it – the sky is your culinary limit. Or you know, whatever you have in your fridge.
Now, go dream about these and add the ingredients to your shopping list this weekend!