Surprise! For those of you keeping tabs, you may have thought today’s post was going to be Product of the Month BUT it just so happens, that this month’s Product is extra special and I needed a wee little bit of extra time to prepare that post.
And the rules of blogging allow the blogger to do what she blogging wants. Right? Right!
SO tonight, you get another Recipe of the Month and it’s one that has become my go-to breakfast choice! It’s super easy to make, takes little to no prep time, is healthy for you AND keeps you full until lunch.
What do I call it? My Eggs & Tomatoes Breakfast Dish!
And here is what you will need to make it for yourself!
- 1 to 2 hardboiled eggs
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp of your choice of cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling your eggs – I find two is the perfect amount to keep me full until noon, but everyone is different!
- When your eggs have cooled, throw them in your choice of dish! I typically add to a pyrex dish as I bring mine to work and reheat for breakfast!
- Cut your handful of cherry tomatoes in half and throw in your dish.
- Add your choice of cheese – I swear by romano cheese for the perfect flavour.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste!
- Heat under the broiler (if you’re using an oven-safe dish) or pop in the microwave (my method of choice!) to melt the cheese.
Boom! Enjoy your delicious, nutritious breakfast dish. Seriously, it’s SO easy, I make this every night and bring to work in the am. No more excuses not to have a filling breakfast that isn’t something you grab on the go!
Have fun cooking!
Did you catch my Farewell to Nova Scotia post? Check it out for a look at an epic weekend in Halifax!