Last night, I FINALLY made it to the theatre to see Jurassic World, only one week after the rest of the world it seems.
If you knew me in the 90’s, you would know that I was obsessed with Jurassic Park. And obsessed is probably putting it lightly.
Let me just take this opportunity now to apologize to everyone sitting around me for the sobbing, flailing, fist pumping hot mess that I was for two hours. Yes, everything makes me cry, but especially the Jurassic Park theme. And no, I will not apologize for rooting for the dinosaurs 90% of the time.
Before I get into the C List, I thought it would be fun to share some of the thoughts (SPOILER FREE) that I had while viewing the movie.
2. Starbucks! Jurassic World has a Starbucks! How do I go to there and do they have a You Are Here Series mug for purchase.
3. I’ll just be over here sobbing into my sleeve, because dinosaurs, the music, the scenery, the throwbacks to Jurassic Park. ALL THE TEARS.
4. I’m pretty sure my cat is part velociraptor.
5. I would never risk my life to go to the moon, but I would definitely risk my life to hangout in a park with dinosaurs. 100%. No questions asked. Sign me up.
Have you seen Jurassic World? I’d love to hear what you thought!
And now – here is this week’s C List.
1. Taxi Driver Rescues Family of Ducks, Gives Them Free Ride to River (via TIME) In case you were concerned about humanity, there are still a few good souls out there.
2. Zookeepers do their best Jurassic World impression with pigs and penguins (via The Verge) I would like to hug every single one of these zookeepers, but especially the one with the otters.
3. We Are Your Friends Trailer (via YouTube) Post-Miami, I am really into dance / techno / house music, which bodes well with my recent discovery of everything Calvin Harris has ever released in the past few years. As you can imagine, I’m now really looking forward to this movie, because a) Zac Efron b) it looks like the Social Network but for DJs.
4. If the dinosaurs in ‘Jurassic World’ were replaced with wiener dogs (via Mashable) This is everything and you can thank me later.
And that’s it for this week!
Have an amazing weekend! And if you’re going to see Jurassic World (or you have already) make sure to let me know what you think! Leave a note below or tweet me @crystalcrichard! Want to join in an East Coast weekend? Follow me on Snapchat for all day stories: crystalcrichard! And lastly, if you’re looking for a great weekend snack – check out my Recipe of the Month! It goes GREAT with margaritas or beer!