My deepest apologies for a slightly delayed (let’s just say it – LATE) C List this Friday. Apparently champagne induced sleeps when you’re thirty-one make getting up on Friday mornings just a pinch harder than they do at thirty.
As many of you know – yesterday was my 31st birthday and it was everything a girl who loves Kate Spade, Jamie Dornan, Starbucks, Flowers, Presents, Cake, Champagne, and Food could ever want, really. I was spoiled rotten and reminded for yet another year that I truly do have the greatest friends and family a girl could ever ask for.
With birthday festivities carrying into the weekend, I’m looking forward to sharing a sneak peek of all the magic on the blog at a later date, but in the meantime, you can get a pretty good idea of how perfect it was on my Instagram.
For now, here is this week’s C List and if you’re a Fifty Shades of Grey fan – you’re going to especially love today’s links.
1. 7 Secrets About Jamie Dornan of Fifty Shades of Grey (via Variety) Who really cares what the secrets are? Just enjoy 3:18minutes of this man speaking and thank me later.
2. My Favorite Inexpensive Hostess Gift (via Cupcakes and Cashmere) I am a huge advocate for bringing hostess gifts (I got it from my mama) and cannot wait to try this out next time I need a hostess gift. Dinner party, anyone?
3. “Earned it” by the Weeknd Official Video from the Fifty Shades of Grey Soundtrack (via YouTube) This one is definitely NSFW but is beautifully shot and artistically well done. Directed by Sam Taylor Johnson (the director of Fifty Shades too!) and starring Anastasia herself, Dakota Johnson – this song is absolutely perfect for the film and they nailed it with the video.
4. DIY Travel Momento Boxes (via a Pair & a Spare) If you’re like me, you’re planning to do a few DIY projects this winter. This one is definitely on my list, starting with a Paris box for all my treasures from my trip in September.
5. “Love Me Like You Do” by Ellie Goulding Official Video from the Fifty Shades of Grey Soundtrack (via YouTube) Ok – if “Earned It” was a little too risqué for you, I promise “Love Me Like You Do” will fix you right up. I was already a huge fan of Ellie – this video infused with scenes from the movie just made me all flaily and lovestruck.
And that’s it for today!
Have an awesome weekend!
PS: I’ve had some people ask if I’m live-blogging the SAG awards on Sunday. While I’m not live-blogging, I will be watching along and sharing my reactions / thoughts on Twitter. If it’s red carpet fashion or snapshots your after – keep an eye on my Tumblr.