If you were expecting the C List – you’re about to be a pinch disappointed.
Switching things up over the next three weeks, I’ve decided to write a few shameless Friday posts while travelling. Sure the C List is fun and after a summer of posting on Fridays, I’ve come to love keeping my eyes peeled for great links to share during the week.
Given that I will be in Iceland a week from today and Paris the following Friday – I think I will have MUCH more exciting things to blog about on both days.
And… In honor of my arrival in the city of lights a week from today, I thought I’d have a little fun by sharing a list of some of the sites I cannot wait to explore and having my fellow Paris lovers chime in on their must-see attractions, favorite restaurants, and the best coffee shops to blog or daydream in.
Here are my top 10 spots I can’t wait to experience!
1. Eiffel Tower. This one is a given. And a meal in the restaurant is without a doubt something I can’t wait to experience. You can tell me how touristy it is all you want. I’m likely going to cry like a fool when I first see it.
2. Versailles. Having just watched Sophia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette this past week, I’m beyond excited to explore the castle grounds.
3. The Paris Catacombs. I’ve heard this is a must. Do you agree?
4. Laduree. This is an attraction in itself for me. Just give me all the macarons. Every day. But have any of your Paris travellers splurged on their restaurant? Thoughts on their brunch if one wanted to feel like Blair Waldorf for the day.
5. Notre Dame Cathedral. Calling Quasimodo.
6. The Louvres. Again, a given. But tips on the best exhibits or rooms to see. I realize I’ll only see a tiny fraction so recommendations on must-see art pieces would be much appreciated.
7. Shakespeare and Company. No book lover could resist.
8. Père Lachaise Cemetery. Because cool cemeteries are always a must. Plus, I figure this will seem way less creepy after doing the Catacombs.
9. Cafe du Flore. Another must-stop for me as I’ve heard their hot chocolate is to die for.
10. Arc de Triomphe. Worth going to the top – yes or no?
And in case any of you were worried I’d miss out on Montmartre and Sacre Coeur – I’m staying in that arrondissement so I’ll be sure to experience many strolls and morning runs through Montmartre!
So. What am I missing from my list? What restaurants or cafes must I try! Let me know by leaving a comment below or tweeting me @crystalcrichard!
I should probably get packing!
x C x